Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wormbuster


I think parenthood should definitely come with a 'warning' label on the side like the ones on cigarette packets: Smoking is dangerous to your health!......

I love being a Mum - I really can't imagine life any other way.... but I also have noticed some alarming health dangers:

Stress Levels: 4 kids, just a few hours sleep, a crying baby with a cold, a pile of admin, unfinished homework, dinner to cook, washing up, exam revision, meetings to prepare...the list goes on! - I'm pretty good with stress but am a little concerned about the permanent residence of dark suitcases below my eyes.

Grey Hairs & Wrinkles: Natural progression of ageing....but multiplied each year with each addition to the family! Some call them 'laughter lines' and the funny things that kids manage to do definitely deepens them to grooves rather than 'lines'

Biohazardous Waste: Diaper changing, vomit cleaning, toiletbowl washing after the boys have forgotten to lift the seat (and floor washing when the outputs splash off the seat!!!), butt wiping, nose dripping.....grazed knees, diarroah....etc etc.

Nausea: I have a strong stomach and can cope with all the above biohazardous wastes....but have to admit to being a little grossed out when one of our sons had a massive infestion of crawling wriggling thread worms.....
I'm not sure if I should add the art of worm removal as a skill to my resume though!???? It definitely IS a skill though!
Theres something strange in your neighbour hood....who you gonna call?....WORMBUSTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment